Friday, April 1, 2011

BITS AND BOBS

I've had one of those weeks where everything is happening yet little is achieved. It's been over a week since I blogged and I haven't written one word of my novel or started on a short story as I had meant to. So, what has been happening?

Last weekend my car died. Although expected, I had hoped it would last a little longer. But when both oil and water start squirting out of the engine, it's a very bad sign! So hubby and I have been touring the car sales yards, squizzing the classifieds in the paper and stalking our national internet trader - Trade Me. So far we have come up with nothing - which has left me just a little house bound.

Of course we never get plagued with just one thing to deal with - do we? My daughter came down with a nasty tummy bug and hubby pulled the ligaments in his shoulder at our sons hockey practice. I wonder what will be next?

On a lighter note, our eldest had a school trip to Mt Cook where he visited a glacier, a sanctuary for Black Stilts and the Benmore power station. He came home last night, exhausted but happy.

And a mild achievement for me: having spent the last 2 - 3 months growing Basil plants from seed, I harvested them yesterday and made one precious jar of Basil Pesto - yum! And with the unseasonably warm weather we have been having, I'm hoping to harvest another batch in a month. Fingers crossed.

On a literary note, I am reading Kept, by D. J. Taylor - there's a picture of it on the left. It is described as a Victorian mystery and is proving to be an absorbing read. I am enjoying the many threads that are slowly entwining into one intriguing story. I'm looking forward to reviewing it.

Next post I hope to share news of my new car and copious amounts of writing.

Not quite what I'm looking for ... but ain't she grand?

4 comments:

  1. Looks grand alright!

    We have basil growing in our little patch of herbs too. Smells divine after picking and chopping. Your pesto looks delicious.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne - hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that things are not going well for you. I hope they improve soon. That pesto looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarissa - thanks. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete