Sunday, March 24, 2013

CHICK FLICKS

Driving home from church today I had a great conversation with my teenage daughter about writing and we got to talking about Cecelia Ahern who had her first book, 'P.S. I Love You', published at age 21 and how it went on to become a movie. (The movie was great, but nowhere near as good as the book - but that's another story!)  My daughter had yet to see the movie and asked if we could watch it. Well, it was a cold drizzly kind of day - perfect for a mushy movie.



After lunch we searched through our stash of DVDs, only to come up empty handed. I was so sure I had a copy. A little disappointed, we settled for 'Kate and Leopold'. Time-travel, romance and Hugh Jackman, what more could you want on a rainy Sunday afternoon?



A few hours later we were checking if there was anything worth watching on the telly tonight and bingo!  'P.S. I Love You' was on!

So we've had a great day watching two of my favourite chick flicks. My other favourites would have to be Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail. What are yours?





6 comments:

  1. "You've Got Mail" is a wonderful, fun movie! Have you ever seen "The Matchmaker" with Janeane Garofalo and David O'Hara? One of my FAVORITE chick flicks!

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119632/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen 'The Matchmaker'. It looks really good. Definitely one to watch out for - I can feel a trip to the video shop coming on. Oh, in New Zealand when we say 'the video shop' we really mean the DVD hire place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,

    I enjoyed Kate and Leopold. How nice to spend time with your daughter especially when it comes to movies and books.

    Weather up here is still lovely, a little cooler in the mornings though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne,
      My daughter and I like a lot of the same books and movies which is nice. Mornings are definitely cooler here too. The end of daylight saving will ease that a bit.

      I hope your writing is going well.

      Delete
  4. I don't watch a lot of chick flicks but I do have a few favourites. I like North and South and Jane Austen films.

    ReplyDelete