Monday, January 30, 2012

THE LOST MONTH

January seems to be the month to lose things. First I lost a packet of dragonfly charms for bookmark making. Straight from the post to the bin, I fear. Then my (fortunately) cheapie Eiffel tower necklace, but what cuts the deepest is the loss of our much loved little moggy, Webster.

Webster

He disappeared over a week ago and hasn't been seen since. He may still turn up - I sure hope he does - but he's never been one to stray.

And what came first, you may ask. My pen name or the kitty? Well, Webster has been with us almost twice as long as I've been writing. And yes he was the inspiration for my name.

So we're all feeling sad and welcoming the distraction of back-to-schoolitis.

I'll be back in a day or two with something more cheerful.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Webster. Hope he shows up soon! :(

    We're on the prowl for a kitten but can't seem to find one that suits! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne and good luck with the kitty hunt.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about Webster. I hope he returns soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you find him.

    I've given you a blog award! Stop by my latest post for the rules: http://thesecondsentence.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete